Design / Build
The process established for each project provides a comprehensive means of structuring all aspects of a project scheduling, cost control, expediting and documentation.
Pre-Construction & Estimating
We take an approach to eliminate issues in early stages of development. No facility we build can be considered finished until it has been completed to the owner’s satisfaction.
Construction & Project Management
A large part of EnviroStruct’s excellent reputation is attributed to the performance of our well trained team and systematic sequence of activities during the construction phase.
Everyone in the EnviroStruct organization understands that no facility we build can be considered successfully finished until an orderly project closeout has been completed to the owner’s satisfaction.
Design / Build
This approach entails EnviroStruct to take the lead during the design phase of the project and bring the architect/civil engineer and consulting engineers together under a one-contract-
agreement to form a collaborative approach, minimizing the clients’ need for extensive managing. This approach also allows us to perform early constructability and feasibility reviews of the preliminary design, schematic design, design development and construction document phases, allowing for complete control of staying on or within the project budget.
Our scope of preconstruction services typically proceeds as follows:
- Consult with, advise, assist, and make cost control and value engineering recommendations to the owner and his/her design professionals on all aspects of the project’s planning/design
- Prepare and periodically update a preliminary construction schedule and cost estimate
- Study design alternatives for cost effectiveness and construction feasibility
- Review drawings and specifications for coordination
- Develop subcontractor interest in the project and prepare a list of prequalified subcontractor bidders for the approval of the owner and his/her design professionals
- Define scopes of work for each building trade and assemble bid packages
- Obtain bids from approved subcontractors
- Formalize the project construction schedule
- Develop an accurate budget for the project construction for the owner’s approval
- Recommend to the owner and his/her design professionals a schedule of procurement for materials and equipment which require long lead times for delivery
- Award subcontracts and prepare contract documents
Construction & Project Management
Most of the management responsibility for the project shifts from the estimating/purchasing department to the project management staff and project superintendents when the project is ready to move into the construction phase. A large part of EnviroStruct’s excellent reputation is attributed to the performance of our well trained, experienced project managers and project superintendents (all superintendents have received a minimum of 30 hours of OSHA Training) who carry out a systematic sequence of activities during the construction phase.
- Identify and select the subcontracting trades/suppliers and vendors for the project
- Create a detailed overall project schedule
- EnviroStruct, LLC offers access to a “Team Link Portal” which allows secure specific project web-based access to all reporting, scheduling, progress photos, plans, and more for our clients, architects, engineers and other team members
- Create and maintain daily reports, documenting manpower, weather, events, action items, deliveries, etc.
- Create and distribute “look ahead” schedules regularly
- Setup and maintain temporary facilities
- Hold weekly trade coordination meetings
- Schedule all required inspections with local building departments/state agencies and authorities having jurisdiction
- Schedule all independent material testing and certifications
- Maintain, review, and create all RFI’s/submittals/owner selection log’s
- Perform quality control inspections per EnviroStruct quality control policies and procedures and QC checklists
- Schedule progress meetings with owner, architect and contractor and maintain and distribute meeting minutes and agenda
- Perform safety inspections and reports
- Create and submit pay applications for review and approval
- Review and approve all subcontractor and supplier invoicing and process payments
- Maintain “NTO” Notice to owner log & records
- Obtain and review all partial, conditional and final lien waivers
The scope of post-construction services we provide to guarantee a successful project closeout includes the following:
- Plan for, schedule and expedite building code official inspections to obtain all required agency approvals such as temporary and permanent Certificates of Occupancy
- Conduct inspections of the completed project with the owner and his/her design professionals to compile a list of punch items (unsatisfactory) work items; facilitate and manage the correction of all punch items
- Monitor receipts of all warranties, operation manuals, recorded drawings, permits, affidavits and other required closeout documents
- Review and process all final subcontractor payments and obtain final release of lien certifications
- Compile a summary of all construction related expenditures for the owner and assist in fulfilling all audit and certification requirements necessary for the financial closeout
- Organize and direct the education of owner’s personnel in the startup, operation, and maintenance of the building’s operating systems